Sunday, January 15, 2012

My $20 Rug!

Those of you who know me know #1 I love a deal...more than just about anything and #2 I love estate sales.

So we went to an estate sale run by Plum Estate Sales on Saturday.  I do not enjoy being in the crowd waiting to get in...I've done that a few times and it's just not worth it to me.  So I try to wait at least an hour after opening to  let some of the hardcores get on out of there.

I entered the house and walked through the dining and living rooms and didn't see anything that caught my eye.  Then I went to the family room...and there it was.  An 8 X 11 Jacobean wool rug...straight from Target..just like my runner I have in my entry hall.  They want $100 for it.  I quickly look it up on my phone and find that it sells for a mere $379 online...I knew there was some reason I only bought the runner.

I grab the ticket and pay for it.  I ask the woman running the sale to assist me in getting it.  She moves the corner of the couch and it is then we discover...

...the chewed up corner.

Dang!  I should've known it was too good to be true.  I told her I no longer wanted the rug.  She offered it to me for $80 and I still couldn't chance it at that price...I declined.  She stood there for a second and said how about $20?  Heck yeah!  I'll figure something out for $20.  So we rolled it up and hauled it out of there.


When we got home, we rolled it out and I knew I had made the right decision!  The chewed corner was only 4 1/4" into the rug so we decided to cut it.


I knew my trusty Cutco scissors would be able to gut through all of it




Ron set up the laser level so I could get a straight cut.

And I commenced to cutting that rug!

Look at that $20 rug!!!!! I LOVE ESTATE SALES!!




No comments:

Post a Comment