Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year

The beginning of a new year always makes me take a look around at my unorganized life and attempt to fix it. 
I organize the junk drawer, clean out the kids' toys and plan some sort of home improvement project.



I moved the desk out of my bedroom into the guest room and gave myself a place to sew and scrapbook.  Right now my sewing consists of mending and hemming, but I want to do a project...a pillow or a jumper for my daughter...I'm not sure, but I'm inspired by my new space!



And this gave me lots of room in the master bedroom to redesign.  I searched for a month on craigslist and finally found the perfect chairs.  They look brand new and I grabbed them at $200 for the set.



I paired them with two new bookcases from Target and artwork I got at a yard sale a couple of years ago...



And I have a beautiful new sitting area where I can enjoy my new Nook!

It's a new year and I have a new resolve to blog and open up my etsy shop again.  While I didn't make much money, it was a lot of fun to look for vintage items. :) 

My next blog entry preview:  Craigslist...don't be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment