Thursday, March 3, 2011

Amazing Phone Apps

I thought I would go off the beaten path for a moment and talk about how much I love my new Android phone.  I was already loving the navigation app, being able to receive and send e-mail, check Facebook and Craigslist…all through apps. This week I have discovered three new apps that are awesome. 

First up in the Walgreens app.  I scan my prescription bottle barcode and the app uses my GPS to tell me the closest Walgreens location.  I then tell it I want to refill the prescription I just scanned and it is ready in 24 hours for me to pick up. 


Next is a food diary app called “MyFitnessPal.”  It starts out by entering my age, height, weight, goals and then tells me how many calories, fat, etc. I should be eating per day and anytime I enter a food or exercise, it adjusts my daily tally to tell me how much I have left.  This app not only has an extensive food database so I can look up nutritional information to put into my diary, it also has the ability to scan a pre-packaged food’s barcode and finds the nutritional info and automatically plug it in to my diary.  I am in love with this app. 



To go along with the food diary app, I found “CardioTrainer.”  This app uses your GPS to show you where you have been.  It tracks the miles, steps you have taken and rate at which you are going.  You can save your workouts and compare them down the road to see how you are increasing your distance and rate.  I am excited about using this app with my daily walks (and eventually my daily runs).


Thanks for reading and I’ll be back soon with more finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment