Monday, February 21, 2011

Estate Sales

Today's post is going to be about what this whole blog is based on...what I find.  I've added a new aspect to my searches...estate sales.  I had always avoided them because I thought I had to show up an hour early and get a number and get pushed around by people who also want that great deal.  And I just wasn't sure I was up for that.  It's true, if you want to see everything that is available, you need to get there by the time sale starts and I have done a couple of estate sales the past couple of where I showed up a few minutes early and was about the fortieth person to get in.  I also have gone to a few during my lunch hour when things have died down a bit and either way, I've found great stuff.



First up is this great very large print that matches the colors in my home.  I'm keeping this one.  I may spray the frame black but for now it's hanging in my dining room.  Price I paid...$5.


Next is this fantastic vintage chrome ice bucket.  This piece screams 50's and was $10.  More than I usually pay unless I'm going to keep it for myself.  :)


Two great vintage prints...$4 for the set.  I can't decide if I should paint the frames or leave them gold.



Owls are really hot now and I'm finding more and more of them.  If you love owls, then you have to check out my Etsy shop!!



If you have a daughter, niece or cousin between the ages of five and ten, then you know about American Girl dolls.  My daughter got two from Santa Claus this past Christmas.  I couldn't believe it when I walked into an estate sale on Friday at 1:00 (hours after it started) and Molly was sitting there on a shelf for $65.  She is original and mint and has everything she originally came with plus an extra outfit and books.  I had considered selling her or keeping her for a birthday but she was found shortly after this picture was taken.  :)


Neat pieces for $4 for the pair.

A cute vintage lamp for $5.


And you never know what you might find that actually NEED.  The last time I got on our fifteen year old wooden step ladder, I swore I would never got on it again...dangerous!  Found this metal, very stable, ladder for $15. 

And I'll leave you with a link to a place you can sign up to get estate sale notifications in the Knoxville area.  I encourage you to check them out.  If you love looking for the deal, they are a lot of fun!

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/TN/Knoxville.aspx

Thanks for reading!





1 comment:

  1. Oh, what fun! Can I tag along sometime? (I'll bring something yummy to spike the coffee!) And what a steal! I *love* the American girls :)

    ReplyDelete